Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Note

When leaving my classroom today, a boy (who is not in my class) quickly introduced himself, gave me a note and then had to get to his next class. The letter read:

Dear Ms. Lindsey,

Hello. I'm a student from the Medical School. My name is Qian Yuquan. I am shy. My spoken English isn't good. I hear you are a good teacher. I want to make friends with you.

Best Wishes!

Qian included his contact information. I thought this was a rather strange encounter! Keith, another foreign teacher, said that he is probably friends with students of mine who told him that I am nice and host an interesting class. We except that he wants help with his English and, perhaps, is looking for a tutor.

Keith also told me that once the word hits the grapevine, you will have students, who are not on your roster, attend your class. Then, in my afternoon class, I had three extra students. For a moment, I panicked because, after handing back papers, I thought that I had lost some of my students' assignments! It felt good to know that positive gossip is already spreading about my teaching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment